About Me

My photo
If I'm taking I also need to be making. If I'm receiving I need to be giving. If I'm using I need to be producing. This is my creed.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

...That's What I Want! Da da da da da...

So, my only thoughts on change for the past week have been whether or not to bust into my piggy to buy a hamburger. With my sister's wedding, my friend's baby shower, "The Big Give" series going on at church and a still looming amount of money to save up from my recent car purchases.... money's been on the mind. 
I've been kind of torn about it, since I've often prayed that God would bless me so that I can bless others. And then, BAM! My grandma gave me some money and my sister gave me some A LOT of money! But now that I'm in a bit of a financial pinch, I guess the question I'm being asked is, are you all talk or not? Do I horde it, or give it away? I gave some of it to my brother for his performance arts fundraising and I'll put more of it aside for my sister and friend's gifts. 
Giving hasn't always been a problem for me. I've given away important things to me and let them go on several occasions and felt better for it. So I guess that's not really my issue. 
Still, at the same time, I've had an overwhelming feeling, urge... need?... to save and save and save. 
Ultimately what I would love is to get some more freelance jobs and commissions  so that I can stimulate my cash inflow while still building up my artistic skills. I've been applying for tons of jobs online, but have only had one nibble and no bites so far. I'm working on an illustration project for one of the ladies at work, so maybe it's a good thing I'm not getting a ton of work, otherwise I could be overwhelmed.
At the same time I'm still trying to create and finish work for my online portfolio as well as my comics and the whole work load I'm putting on myself is becoming a bit daunting. 
I'm sorry, I feel like I'm repeating my previous blog post. I guess it's good that I'm keeping the same resolve as previously expressed though, right?
Anyway, just a post to post. I really enjoy getting my thoughts out through this blog.
I just wish I had something new to post image wise for you. I finished all my coca-cola candles, but I hate them, and they will no longer be given any space on this blog. *SHUN!*

On a fun note though. I'm thinking of purchasing the year long zoo and aquarium membership so that I can do some serious animal and landscape drawings. I think that it will be worth breaking the bank for. I just need to find someone who's willing to buy the couple's pack with me so I can get the discount. Muahahahaha! It's diabolical!

No comments:

Post a Comment