About Me

My photo
If I'm taking I also need to be making. If I'm receiving I need to be giving. If I'm using I need to be producing. This is my creed.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Ignition!

It's been a great couple of weeks off, and now I am starting a new semester. I've completed a lot of work and bought a bunch of art supplies which I hope to play with very soon: Dr. Ph Martin's colored ink, a pad of large bristol board as well as pastel paper. Though I didn't do as much actual artwork as I would've liked to over the break, I was still able to get a few good things rolling. My most prideful accomplishment being a comic page from a series that's been on the shelf ever since I started school.

Here's one of the panel pictures. I'm happy to see that my drawings have become less stiff in the course of my study. Even if I haven't been working on my comics in a good long while, it's nice to see that this area isn't suffering.

I've got more finished artwork that I'll post as I am able to photograph it. I don't plan on abandoning this blog now, or in the future. But I must say, 2 weeks, 1 comic series and 5 anime series later I feel refreshed and ready to go!

So, stay tuned in, and wish me luck!
Let's GO!

2 comments:

  1. This is looking aces Sara. Your art grows more and more each time I see it (It's your cuz btw). I'm gonna try and frequent around here much more to keep up on you, and just bookmarked ya (guess I'll subscribe to your RSS feed as well!).

    Don't sweat the small details too much. The more you force yourself to produce, the more rapidly you will increase in skill. One of the quotes that get's me going is from the legendary Animator Chuck Jones, “Every artist has thousands of bad drawings in them and the only way to get rid of them is to draw them out.”

    You are improving at an astonishing rate, I couldn't be prouder. Message me elsewhere, and I will get back to you eventually if you want to talk shop or just talk. Life's been hectic, but I'll try to help when I can.

    NOTE If you want review/criticism I will give it, but in my opinion you shouldn't dwell on one piece too long, always see what you can improve, and make sure to keep moving forward.

    And BTW, I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zach! Thanks for the comment. It's always good to hear from ya. I've been reading your webcomic and voting, BTW. It's really fun. Meraki is a firecracker, that's for sure! I'd like your criticism any time. I'll keep posting my recent projects on this blog. So any time you're free, drop me some insight. I'm still looking up to you as my elder, artist-sensei. Haha! Once I get settled into my new school schedule I'll message you on facebook to set a skype date. I'd like to hear about all the stuff that's going on for ya. ^-^

    ReplyDelete