About Me

My photo
If I'm taking I also need to be making. If I'm receiving I need to be giving. If I'm using I need to be producing. This is my creed.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

I'm plastered

Not literally of course. Haha, I had you going there for a second, right?!
No, no. What I'm talking about is literal plaster. I'm taking the first step toward making my ceramic body armor by making a form of my torso, front and back.
It all started when my dad took the bottom part of the back piece, that I had spent a good 2 hours making  on the school's mannequin earlier, and tossed it off the chair it was resting on.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
So, I knew that this wasn't going to work. I use the mannequin from school to make it, but I couldn't very well take it home with me aaaaand I'm really, really trying to save money, so I didn't want to go buy one, and!... Well, I took the drastic measure.
The thing about making a mold of yourself is that you can't do it alone. So, I turned to my family, mostly my dad. The problem is, and I really just found this out today, is that my dad and I are exactly alike. Whenever we're in task/project mode, this beastly domination comes out and in no time at all, the project was my dad's and I was helping him with it. For the front piece we screwed each other up a lot, and for the back piece we only screwed each other up a little. But either way, I got what I needed, a base to support my clay at my house, in my budget and with my form. Check it out.

As you can see, the front piece is a lot more clumpy than the back. This is because my other brothers and sisters jumped in helped. But they didn't really know what they were doing and spread the plaster on too unevenly. I'll sand it off and it should be fine. My littlest brother, who's feet are in both pictures just got the biggest kick out of the whole project. I mean, how often do you get to see your sister stuck laying on the ground covered in plaster? He and my dad got out the didgeridoo and played drums on my back after it was almost hardened up.




No comments:

Post a Comment