About Me

My photo
If I'm taking I also need to be making. If I'm receiving I need to be giving. If I'm using I need to be producing. This is my creed.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Cherry Red spilled on the floor of my soul...

Here are the pictures I've been working on. Gotta say, inking with color has become fairly frustrating for me. I suppose it's because I really want flat colors, and though I think I'm starting to get a handle on how to layer the transparencies to created some cool textures, but over all it's just... ugh! Getting a bigger brush helped a bit... just a bit though. I still can't get just a flat wash of color without wetting the page first. Maybe that's just the nature of ink and I need to come to terms with it; find a way to use it rather than change how it works.
Mixing colors has also become a little frustrating and I've started putting colors down straight from the bottle as frequently as possible. 
I spilled cherry red all over my floor today.
All that being said, here's the work. The exposure is a little off. I'm still getting used to this camera.







This song is how I feel about the way most of the coloring is coming out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment